Why December Is The Best Time To Visit In Mauritius?
Want a break from a monotonous routine? Then what’s a better way to spend your holiday with a drink in your hand and ocean waves crashing the shore in the front? A complete dream holiday, right?
The southern Indian Ocean, near the Island of Madagascar, Mauritius in December is a gem of a place. It is a paradise for beach lovers and the most romantic honeymoon destination for couples. With its lush forests, waterfalls, white sand beaches, lagoons, and mountains, Mauritius has it all. With so many different natural and human-made tourist attractions to see, Mauritius is getting more popular among tourists every year. Due to its tropical climate, it enjoys warm, sunny days all year. By the way, Christmas and New Year is the best time to holiday here.
Places to Visit In Mauritius In December
If you enjoy the chilly tickles of cold breeze, shiny mornings with hints of fog, and a moderately cool environment, then you must visit Mauritius in December. The following are the best places to visit in Mauritius that are bound to leave you astonished and refreshed.
The most prominent destination on the islands of Mauritius is Port Louis. This scenic and pretty location is surrounded by the crystalline waters of the Indian Ocean, and there are several things to do in the town. Visit the Port Louis bazaar and shop for different items, including local handicrafts, exotic food, souvenirs, spices, etc. Head to some local restaurants and pubs to have delectable local cuisine and freshly brewed beer. Other attractions for trekking and hiking are the Blue Penny Museum and Pieter. Port Louis is one of the best areas to stay.
Owing to its tropical climate, it is home to several lakes, rivers, rivulets, and waterfalls too! Being a famous tourist destination, the island is blessed with abundant natural attractions. It all comes down to how curious you are about seeing the latent gems of this place. The waterfalls are scattered around the island; one famous tourist attraction is the Tamarind Waterfalls. Here soothing showers gently slip down the stones, and the gushy sound amid the scenic views; this place has something so beautiful that even words can’t do justice to its beauty.
This is a quintessential place to visit in Mauritius. A strikingly beautiful island with turquoise waters and splendid flora, you will be enriched upon your visit about the various natural formations and their metamorphosis over a period of time.
To revitalize your life while away from the city’s hustle and bustle, you must visit this natural beauty and make the most of your vacation. It is also ideal for honeymoon couples as it has picturesque and romantic vibes. Book Mauritius Tour Packages for Couples and create long-lasting memories with your partner.
This is one of the most vivifying places that allow you to relax and enjoy the city’s warmth in its true spirit. The streets here are brimming with locals, enhancing your experience and making it worthwhile.
Things To Do In Mauritius In December
Mauritius invites tourists from all over the world between November to January. This year is exceptionally festive and fun, since this is the start of festivities and school. There’s something more than that on this small island. It is the perfect place to get some adrenaline and engage in thrilling outdoor activities. Look out for the best things to do in December in Mauritius.
Get ready to Celebrate Christmas in Mauritius in December! Mauritius celebrates Christmas in a lively summer atmosphere every year. The festivities include beautiful Christmas decorations all over the city and shows some programs to watch. Street corners are packed with hawkers selling Christmas cards, decorations, toys, firecrackers, and gifts. As in many other countries, people decorate their homes with Christmas trees and lights and exchange gifts with their loved ones. All in all, it is a unique festive, and homely experience that you can become a part of your memorable vacation by booking Mauritius Tour Packages.
Ringing to the New Year in Mauritius is an exceptional experience one must have. People dress up at their best, hoping for an excellent year to come. Around midnight many people head to public spots to watch the fireworks, such as the beaches. You can enjoy parties, including lavish dinners, cruises, dances, and cocktails, generally popular among tourists. This all will make your New Year very special.
Don’t Miss Its Exciting Water-Sports Activities
Be ready to pump in some adrenaline with some of the best adventurous games here; we are sure that you will have a blast here. Let’s have a look at the best adventurous activities to do in Mauritius.
- SkyDiving: Jump from 12,000 feet above the ground and come racing down with a parachute on your back and experience a unique thrill. It is one of Mauritius’s most popular adventure sports, especially during December. Mauritius Skydive Austral offers the best skydiving packages to tourists on this island.
- Underwater SeaWalk: Walks on the ocean floor to witness firsthand the beautiful corals and other sea creatures up close. One of the most rewarding experiences you can have in Mauritius is the Underwater Seawalk. A breathing tube allows you to breathe in fresh air throughout the duration of the activity, which makes it a pleasant and memorable experience. Discover this incredible marine life of Mauritius by booking Mauritius Holiday Packages.
- Deep-sea Fishing: One of the most unique and exclusive things to do in Mauritius is Deep-sea Fishing, which consists of taking a small chartered boat to a place in the ocean that is quite far away from the shore to catch beautiful trophy fish. In December, the waters are full of seasonal fish like Mako shark and Blue Marlin, while Skipjack Tuna can, Black Marlin, and Barracuda can also be found. Also known as ‘Big Game Fishing. Come and book Malaysia Tour Packages for this exciting experience.
- Snorkeling: With Mauritius being surrounded by coral reefs, the marine life attracts a large number of Snorkelers every year. Some of the best spots include Flic en Flac beach, Ile aux Cerfs, and Blue Bay Marine Park.
- Cave Sea Kayaking: In Mauritius, you can see a wide array of cellars and natural sources for discovery. Cave Sea Kayaking is the best activity as you can enjoy this activity with your loved ones. Also, this is one of the most popular on the West Coast. So, explore the untouched sea caves on this paradise island by booking Mauritius Holiday Packages.
- Visit the Gorgeous Beaches in Mauritius
Beat the heat by spending your time in the calm and relaxing in the waters of the white sandy beaches of Mauritius. No matter what you want to do, there is a perfect beach for you – this beach paradise island offers you some exotic places for sightseeing, bathing, and swimming. The Flic-en-Flac beach and La Cuvette beach provide you with the perfect place for complete relaxation, while Tamarin beach, Mont Choisy beach, and Grand Bay Public beach are known for their range of activities and water-sports adventures.
Weather In Mauritius In December
Just like most other Islands situated in the heart of the Indian Ocean. In December, the weather in Mauritius is summertime. By October, the temperature starts getting warmer, with relatively cooler evenings and nights. However, by December, the temperature during the day is warm and the temperature at night starts to get higher. Anticipate having long daylight hours, with the sun rising as early as 5:30 AM and setting as late as 7:00 PM.
The average temperature during the day is anywhere between 30 to 35-degree celsius, and during the night, it falls between 20 to 24-degree celsius. Not to worry, though; the surrounding sea will help to keep you cool and comfortable! Although December is generally sunny and warm, there may be a few brief periods of rainfall, especially toward the end of the month.
What to Pack for Mauritius in December?
Get ready for multiple weather conditions in a single day as you pack up for your journey. Make sure to take with you cool and light clothes suitable for warm weather. The strongest package would be lightweight clothing, tops, skirts, half-sleeve t-shirts, and denim tops. Although the days in December are quite warm, the sea is perfect for swimming, so don’t forget to take your swimsuit too. With approximately 12-13 hours of daylight each day, it is recommended to take care of your skin’s needs too. Bring along a hat and some sunscreens, too, to avoid any skin damage. Keep a little space for a tiny umbrella or light raincoat to protect yourself from the spell of rainfall during the month-end. Don’t forget to pack an extra set of clothes with you as you might need them during watersports.
Pack your Bags
With so much to see, explore, and enjoy in this astonishing land of scenic beauty. It is going to be a delightful experience for you, filled with adventure, luxury, and tasteful experiences. We at Yashvi Tours and Travels make sure our best travel experience is put into crafting your Mauritius itinerary with lots of excitement. Check out some of the best Mauritius Tour Packages from India.