Vietnam Travel Guide for Indians
Vietnam is a Southeast Asian country that boasts of a rich history, culture, and natural beauty. It is a popular destination for Indian tourists who want to experience a different and diverse side of Asia. Whether you are looking for adventure, relaxation, or exploration, Vietnam has something for everyone. In this blog post, we will give you some tips and suggestions on how to plan your trip to Vietnam, and what to see and do there.
How to Travel from India to Vietnam?
There are no direct flights from India to Vietnam, so you will have to take a connecting flight via Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, or Hong Kong. The flight duration will vary depending on the route and the layover time, but it will usually take around 7 to 10 hours. The average cost of a round-trip flight ticket from India to Vietnam is around Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 30,000, depending on the season and the airline.
You will also need a visa to enter Vietnam, which you can apply for online or at the Vietnamese embassy in India. The online visa is valid for 30 days and costs around Rs. 1,500. The embassy visa is valid for 90 days and costs around Rs. 3,000. You will need to submit your passport, passport-sized photos, flight tickets, hotel bookings, and a visa application form. You can also opt for a visa on arrival, which is available at certain airports in Vietnam, but you will need to get a pre-approval letter from a travel agency or a visa service provider before you travel.
What to See and Do in Vietnam?
Vietnam is a country that offers a variety of attractions and activities for all kinds of travelers. Here are some of the highlights that you should not miss:
• Hanoi: The capital city of Vietnam, Hanoi is a blend of old and new, where you can see the French colonial architecture, the ancient temples, and the modern skyscrapers. You can visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, the One Pillar Pagoda, the Hoan Kiem Lake, and the Old Quarter, where you can shop, eat, and explore the local culture.
• Halong Bay: One of the most scenic and iconic places in Vietnam, Halong Bay is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that features thousands of limestone islands and islets, some of which have caves, beaches, and forests. You can take a cruise, kayak, or swim in the emerald waters, and enjoy the stunning views of the bay.
• Sapa: A mountainous town in the north of Vietnam, Sapa is known for its terraced rice fields, ethnic minority villages, and trekking opportunities. You can hike, bike, or take a cable car to the Fansipan Mountain, the highest peak in Indochina, and admire the panoramic views of the valley. You can also interact with the local people, who belong to various tribes such as the Hmong, the Dao, and the Tay, and learn about their culture and traditions.
• Hoi An: A charming and historic town in the central coast of Vietnam, Hoi An is famous for its well-preserved ancient town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You can stroll along the lantern-lit streets, visit the old houses, temples, and bridges, and sample the delicious cuisine. You can also shop for souvenirs, clothes, and accessories, as Hoi An is known for its tailors and artisans.
• Ho Chi Minh City: The largest and most cosmopolitan city in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City is a hub of culture, commerce, and entertainment. You can see the landmarks such as the Notre Dame Cathedral, the Reunification Palace, the War Remnants Museum, and the Ben Thanh Market. You can also enjoy the nightlife, the shopping, and the street food in the city.
• Mekong Delta: The southernmost region of Vietnam, the Mekong Delta is a vast area of rivers, canals, islands, and farms, where you can experience the rural and authentic life of Vietnam. You can take a boat tour, visit the floating markets, fruit orchards, and villages, and taste the local specialties such as the coconut candy, the honey tea, and the elephant ear fish.
Tips and Advice for Traveling to Vietnam
To make your trip to Vietnam more enjoyable and hassle-free, here are some tips and advice that you should keep in mind:
• The best time to visit Vietnam is from November to April, when the weather is dry and pleasant. The rainy season is from May to October, when the weather is hot and humid, and there may be typhoons and floods in some areas.
• The currency of Vietnam is the Vietnamese dong (VND), which is around Rs. 0.0032. You can exchange your money at the airport, banks, hotels, or authorized money changers. You can also use your credit or debit cards at some places, but it is advisable to carry some cash with you, especially in rural areas.
• The official language of Vietnam is Vietnamese, which is a tonal and complex language. However, you can also find some people who speak English, especially in the tourist areas. You can also learn some basic phrases and words in Vietnamese, such as hello (xin chao), thank you (cam on), and how much (bao nhieu).
• The food of Vietnam is diverse, delicious, and healthy, with influences from China, France, and other neighboring countries. Some of the dishes that you should try are pho (noodle soup), banh mi (baguette sandwich), spring rolls, bun cha (grilled pork and noodles), and ca phe sua da (iced coffee with condensed milk).
• The culture of Vietnam is rich and varied, with elements from Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism. You should respect the local customs and etiquette, such as removing your shoes before entering a temple or a house, dressing modestly, and not touching someone’s head or pointing with your feet. You should also bargain politely, tip generously, and smile often.
How to Book Your Trip to Vietnam with Yashvi Tours and Travels
If you are interested in visiting Vietnam, you can book your trip with Yashvi Tours and Travels, the best travel agency for Indian tourists. We offer:
• Customized and affordable packages, with options for flights, hotels, transfers, sightseeing, and meals.
• Expert and friendly guides, who speak English and Hindi, and who will assist you throughout your trip.
• Safe and comfortable transportation, with air-conditioned vehicles and drivers.
• 24/7 customer support, with a dedicated helpline and email address for any queries or issues.
To book your trip to Vietnam with Yashvi Tours and Travels, you can visit our website to get a free quote and consultation.