10 Beautiful Honeymoon Destinations in North East India for a Perfect Romantic Holidays
Hello, Beautiful Couples
Get ready for a romantic getaway.
As sweet as honey… and as bright as the moon! Honeymoon, a journey to a world filled with wonders, happy, affectionate, and caressing moments, comes once in a lifetime! Endless promises to be with each other, dreams to sail the ship called ‘love’ and to stand beside each other forever and beyond that; honeymoon is all about an eternal journey for the rest of our lives. Spend some special time with your soulmate and must make this time more memorable by booking North East India Tour Packages.
While deciding on a honeymoon, you might come across several regions in the country, from east to west and north to south. However, on this once-in-a-lifetime and devoted affair, plan a trip to the North-Eastern part of the country and begin a new life with all the blessings of Mother Nature and create romantic, pleasant, and memorable moments with your love and devotion!
Have a look at the 10 most romantic as well as appealing honeymoon destinations in North East India:
10 Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations in North East India
1. Darjeeling, West Bengal
2. Pelling, Sikkim
3. Gangtok, Sikkim
4. Guwahati, Assam
5. Shillong, Meghalaya
6. Lachung, Sikkim
7. Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh
8. Jampui Hills, Tripura
9. Majuli, Assam
10. Dzukou Valley, Nagaland
Let’s see each of these places in detail…
1. Darjeeling – Dotted with Tea Gardens
Darjeeling, the famous “Queen of the Hills”. It is blessed with dense valleys, verdant tea estates, striking viewpoints, and beautiful mountains for an exotic honeymoon in the northeast amidst breathtaking natural beauty.
The majestic hills and the lovely sunrise view are something you two can bond over. Being one of the top tea estates in the world, your honeymoon will be incomplete without taking strolls amidst the tea gardens in Darjeeling. Book North East India Honeymoon Packages and have a pleasant time together!
Attractions in Darjeeling
- Explore the aromatic tea garden together
- Go for an adventurous trek to Tiger Hill
- Seek blessings at Ghoom Monastery
- Don’t forget to take a romantic ride on Toy Train
- Batasia Loop-the helical railway track with a stunning garden.
Things to do in Darjeeling
- A thrilling ride on Darjeeling Ropeway
- River rafting in Teesta River
- Trek the Darjeeling Observatory Hill & Mahakal Temple
2. Pelling – Known for its Pristine Beauty
Others promise the sun, the moon, or the stars to their better halves; it’s true! Right? But you can promise her a world where love and romance prevail in the air! Plan your honeymoon trip to Pelling and fill this loveable journey with the pristine beauty of nature.
Located at an altitude of about 6800 feet, sprawling in the foothills of Mount Khangchendzonga, Pelling is one of the most romantic places to visit in Northeast India. The town is culturally rich and best known for its breathtaking views of the Kanchenjunga peak and the Himalayas. The monasteries, waterfalls, lakes, temples, and much more! Fill your honeymoon days with blissful romance and exotic unforgettable memories.
Attractions in Pelling
- Khecheopalri Lake
- Changey Waterfalls
- Rabdentse Ruins
- Pemayangtse Monastery
- Sangachoeling Monastery
- Go for a picnic at Sewaro Rock Garden with your partner
Things to do in Pelling
- Enjoy a thrilling mountain biking
- Savor authentic Sikkim food
- Enjoy street shopping in pelling
3. Gangtok – The Capital Attraction
A dream come true destination, Gangtok is all about romance amidst the enchanting nature and its scenic marvel! Situated at an altitude of 1700 metres, this destination offers you a perfect holiday with your partner with its pleasing weather, picture-perfect landscape, and numerous entertainment options.
The place has much to offer when it comes to attractions. Gangtok is full of stupas, gompas, and gardens. Pay a visit to major attractions like Seven Sisters Waterfalls, Tsomgo Lake, Rumtek Monastery, Banjhakri Waterfalls, and more. Take a stroll around the lush tea plantations of Gangtok and spend all the moments full of love and romance.
This destination offers a spectacular view of Kanchenjunga, the third-highest peak in the world. Explore a unique amalgam of different religions and ethnicity. And don’t forget to treat your taste buds with special dishes from Sikkim, Tibet, and Nepal. Book North East India Tour Packages and make every single moment memorable during your honeymoon.
Attractions in Gangtok
- Experience Yak safari amidst rugged mountains
- Relish local cuisine
- Take a walk through Hanuman Tok
- Enjoy sunset views from Tashi View Point
- Behold the beauty of Gangtok through the Cable Car Ride
- Soak in the peaceful atmosphere at Tsuk la Khang Monastery.
Things to do in Gangtok
- Mountain Biking – Satiate the adrenaline rush
- Paragliding – Feel like you are on top of the world
- River Rafting – Meet the waters of Gangtok
- Lal Bazaar – Spend some bucks on souvenirs
- Cycling on the silk route
4. Guwahati – The Largest City of Assam
A honeymoon in Guwahati is an amazing feeling! It is the best place to get the feel of the divine. On the banks of the mighty Brahmaputra, Guwahati in Assam is gift-wrapped with rolling fields of aromatic tea, canoes sailing down the Brahmaputra river, or thick jungles with the most bizarre wildlife, a honeymoon in Guwahati is something unique to experience!
Grower of the country’s maximum share of tea and home to some of the best wildlife sanctuaries, Guwahati never fails to overwhelm wanders with its beauty and tranquillity. So, get ready, make lifetime memories, and head to this beautiful location for your romantic honeymoon.
Attractions in Guwahati
- Seek blessings at Maa Kamakhya Temple
- Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere at Nehru Park
- Spend quality time at Dighali Pukhuri Lake with your partner and make memorable moments.
- Sail with romance at Ferry Ghat
- Explore the beautiful Umananda Island
- Party hard with your sweetheart at Kamikaze Cafe
- Enjoy the stunning views from Kamakhya Hills
- Visit the freshwater lake of Dipor Bil, where you can spot exotic birds.
- Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary, where you can spot animals like one-horned Rhinos and Indian Elephants.
Things to do in Guwahati
- Shop at Fancy Bazaar
- Regional Science Centre – Enjoy the Science Magic Show
- Rafting in Kameng River
- Foodvilla – Treat your Taste Buds
- Cruising in the Brahmaputra
- Enjoy watching animals with your partner at Assam State Zoo.
- Don’t forget to take a romantic boat ride on the Brahmaputra River
5. Shillong – Unexplored Landscapes
The capital of Meghalaya – Shillong (also known as the Scotland of the East), is a beautiful destination to enjoy a memorable honeymoon. The surroundings of this amazing place are no less than a sensation – the two of you will be struck by the natural beauty. This is where you can witness nature at its best.
From crystal clear skies to dense forests and enchanting waterfalls to quaint monasteries, it has everything to keep you engaged. Enjoy the most precious time of your wedding by being close and cozy with each other by booking North East India Tour Packages.
Attractions in Shillong
- Take a romantic stroll in Lady Hydari Park
- Admire the beauty of Sweet Falls
- Spend some time at Elephant Falls
- Behold the beauty of laitlum Canyons
- Explore the Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures
Things to do in Shillong
- Mountain climbing at Diengiei Peak
- Trek along the David Scott Trail
- Horse Riding – Explore the city in style
- Enjoy boating at Umiam Lake
6. Lachung – The Untouched Gem
If you are looking for a secluded destination to spend some quality time with your partner, then Lachung is the place for you. Lachung is a village located in close vicinity to the Tibetan border. The emerald Lachung river, pine forest, and apple orchards emphasize the beauty of the place.
The cascading waterfalls, beautiful streams, and snow-capped mountains add to the natural charm of Lachung. The beautiful Lachung Chu River adds a magical appeal to this mountain village. Visit this place and take back some great memories that you will cherish forever with your loved one.
Attractions in Lachung
- Witness the Mask Dance at Lachung Monastery
- Unwind at Bhim Nala and Naga Falls
- Visit the Sacred Stone of Naydo in Chungthang
- A day at Gurudongmar Lake
- Spend a day with the best of nature at Rhododendron Sanctuary.
Things to do in Lachung
- Trek your way up to Yumthang Valley
- Indulge in a multi-day trek at Zero Point
- A trek to Mount Katao
7. Tawang – Northeast India’s Cultural Treasure Trove
Tawang is a quaint hilly town located in the lap of the mighty Himalayas. The serene landscape offers a perfect fusion of natural beauty and cultural traditions. The town exhibits a mix of Tibetan-Buddhist elements through its culture, lifestyle, and food.
The picturesque town is filled with numerous tourist attractions like vibrant Buddhist monasteries, war memorials, breathtaking passes, and scenic lakes, which make it an enticing holiday destination. So, come and enjoy this place in its true form with your partner.
Plus, spend some #WE time with your better half and relax near the lakes or enjoy a long drive through the winding loops and bends of the hilly roads.
Book North East India Honeymoon Packages and ride your journey through the sea of love with the warmth of togetherness.
Attractions in Tawang
- Reconnect with the spiritual side at Taktsang Gompa and Tawang Monastery
- Meditate at the Taktsang Gompa – Find your inner peace
- Be awestruck by visiting the Nuranang Waterfalls
- Spend some time at Shonga-Tser Lake
- Travel to Sela Pass
- Visit Bumla Pass and experience snowfall
Things to do in Tawang
- Gorichen Peak – Let’s do a trek
- Tibetan Settlement Market – Let’s buy a memory
- The Dragon Restaurant – Food is an emotion
- Madhuri Lake – Maggie with Nature’s Magic
8. Jampui Hills – The Hill Queen of Tripura
Jampui Hills is another wonderful North-Eastern honeymoon destination in India. It is spread from the north to the south of the state; this scenic hill rises upto 1,000m above sea level and allures the honeymooners with its stunning beauty and appeal.
While beginning a new phase of life, flee to this magnificent destination and experience the essence of life with the most wonderful sunrise views ever in your life! Even when the sun goes down, this region casts a magical and romantic spell on its visitors. Don’t miss out on even a single moment in Jampui Hills; you never know which moment will later become a memorable memory for you!
Attractions in Jampui Hills
- Take part in the Jampui Orange Festival
Things to do in Jampui Hills
- Trekking in Jampui Hills
9. Majuli – Largest River Island
It’s your honeymoon; it’s your journey into a new and loving world! Begin the new phase of your life with all the goodwill and blessings from the Gods. Plan your honeymoon trip to the largest river island in the world and be a part of the world where life is driven by faith, devotion, and trust in the creator.
Situated amidst one of the largest rivers in India, Brahmaputra, Majuli in Assam is a scenic river island and is home to several indigenous cultures of the region. The beauty and devotion that can be found in the ‘Shastas’ of Majuli will surely make your honeymoon a blessed journey! Walk together by the sea hand-in-hand and soak the beautiful memories by booking North East India Holiday Packages.
Attractions in Majuli
- Soak in the beauty of incredible sunset views
- Visit the Mask Making workshop and Watch Mask Dance too
- Village Tour-Explore its beautiful culture and traditions
- Complete the Satra Trail
Things to do in Majuli
- Enjoy cycling in Majuli
- Watch the Raas Leela Live
- Spend some time living in a Bamboo Hut with your partner
- Explore local cuisines and more
- Shop for local handicrafts
- Spot Waterbirds
- Enjoy a Ferry boat ride and create memories of a lifetime
10. Dzukou Valley – An Abode of Lilies
A mesmerizing valley, where the blue sky romances the pleasant breezes, where the green color speaks all the emotions of nature, where seasonal flowers sing the hymns of love and romance for you! Located 25 kilometers from Kohima at a height of around 2,462 meters. This valley is also called the “Valley of Celestial Charm.”
Ornamented with a pristine stream that flows through its bosom and is home to the rare ‘Dzukou Lilies,’ this picturesque valley in Nagaland is the true reflection of how to make every moment worth loving and memorable! Let there be LOVE LOVE and LOVE during your honeymoon.
Attractions in Dzukou Valley
- Explore Kohima Botanical Garden
Things to do in Dzukou Valley
- Trek to Dzukou Valley
- Japfu Peak, Kohima
- Pulie Badze Wildlife Sanctuary
Get Started to make your Honeymoon a Delightful One!
Buckle up and get going! Just plan your trip to North East India with Yashvi Tours and Travels by booking North East India Tour Packages from Ahmedabad and see what awaits for you and your loved one there. Make sure you carry a camera with you so you can capture some amazing views and romantic pictures with your BABY.
Honeymoon is all about love, fantasy, and togetherness. Have a lovely vacation! Best wishes to all the couples.