Meghalaya Travel Packages Uncovered: Embrace Nature’s Beauty in December
Meghalaya, the “Abode of Clouds“, is a beautiful state in northeastern India known for its lush green hills, cascading waterfalls, and mysterious caves. It is also home to a diverse population of people, including the Khasi, Jaintia, and Garo tribes.
Each tribe has its own unique culture and traditions, which make Meghalaya a fascinating place to visit. Explore the beauty of Meghalaya in this blog and get ready to be mesmerized. Yashvi Tours and Travels offers a variety of travel packages to Meghalaya. Their packages are designed to cater to the needs of all types of travelers, from budget backpackers to luxury tourists.
The Khasi tribe is the largest tribe in Meghalaya, and their culture is well-preserved. The Khasi are known for their matrilineal society, where women inherit property and have a dominant role in society. They are also known for their unique music, dance, and cuisine.
The Jaintia tribe is the second largest tribe in Meghalaya. The Jaintias are known for their elaborate festivals, such as the Behdienkhlam Festival and the Jongshhai Festival. They are also known for their skilled craftsmanship and their traditional textiles.
The Garo tribe is the third largest tribe in Meghalaya. The Garos are known for their love of nature and their traditional music and dance. They are also known for their traditional houses, known as nokpentes.
Why visit Meghalaya in December?
December is a great time to visit Meghalaya, as the weather is pleasant and there is less rainfall. The days are warm and sunny, and the nights are cool and crisp. The state is also less crowded during this time of year, so you can enjoy a more relaxed and peaceful vacation.
Here are some of the things you can do in Meghalaya during your December visit:
Visit the Living Root Bridges: The Living Root Bridges are one of the most unique and fascinating attractions in Meghalaya. These bridges are made from the roots of living trees, and they have been carefully crafted by the Khasi people over centuries.
- Go trekking in the Khasi Hills: The Khasi Hills are home to some of the most beautiful trekking trails in India. You can trek through lush green forests, past cascading waterfalls, and up to scenic viewpoints.
- Explore the caves of Meghalaya: Meghalaya is home to a number of limestone caves, which are filled with stunning stalactite and stalagmite formations. You can take a guided tour of one of these caves to learn about their geological history and see their natural beauty.
- Visit the villages of Meghalaya: The villages of Meghalaya are a great place to experience the local culture and traditions. You can meet the villagers, learn about their way of life, and try their delicious food.
Here are 5 offbeat places to visit in Meghalaya this December:
1. Nongkhnum Island
Nongkhnum Island, a small island located in the West Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, is a popular tourist destination. The island is known for its natural beauty, its unique culture, and its water sports. Visitors can go swimming, boating, and fishing in Nongkhnum Island.
- Pristine island with beautiful beaches.
- Water sports like swimming, boating, and fishing.
- Traditional Khasi villages on the island.
Places to see: Nongkhnum Beach, Nongkhnum River, Khasi villages
Things to do: Swimming, boating, fishing, experience the traditional Khasi culture
Mawphanlur, a small village located in the East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya, is known for its natural beauty and its traditional Khasi culture. The village is located on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys. Visitors can go trekking, camping, and birdwatching in Mawphanlur.
- Traditional Khasi village with unique architecture.
- Stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
- Mawphanlur Lake, a beautiful lake located near the village.
Places to see: Mawphanlur Lake, Khasi villages, viewpoint
Things to do: Trekking, camping, birdwatching, experience the traditional Khasi culture
Mawryngkhang, also known as the Bamboo Trail, is a scenic village located in the East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya. It is known for its lush green forests, bamboo groves, and crystal-clear streams. Visitors can go trekking, camping, and birdwatching in Mawryngkhang.
- Bamboo Trail: A scenic trekking trail that passes through bamboo groves and forests.
- Mawryngkhang Lake: A beautiful lake surrounded by hills and forests.
- Mawryngkhang Cave: A limestone cave with stunning stalactite and stalagmite formations.
Places to see: Bamboo Trail, Mawryngkhang Lake, Mawryngkhang Cave
Things to do: Trekking, camping, birdwatching, exploring the cave
Kongthong, a small village in the Ri Bhoi district of Meghalaya, is also known as the Whistling Village. The villagers here communicate with each other by whistling, and each person has their own unique whistling tune. Visitors can learn to whistle like the villagers and experience their unique culture.
- Whistling Village: A unique village where the villagers communicate with each other by whistling.
- Living Root Bridges: Natural bridges made from the roots of living trees.
- Kongthong River: A beautiful river that flows through the village.
Places to see: Living Root Bridges, Kongthong River, Khasi villages
Things to do: Learn to whistle like the villagers, experience the unique culture of the village, visit the Living Root Bridges
5. Tyrshi Falls
Tyrshi Falls, a three-tiered waterfall located in the Jaintia Hills district of Meghalaya, is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in the state. Visitors can go swimming, picnicking, and photography at Tyrshi Falls.
- Three-tiered waterfall with stunning views.
- Swimming pool at the base of the waterfall.
- Picnic area near the waterfall.
Places to see: Tyrshi Falls
Things to do: Swimming, picnicking, photography
These are just a few of the many offbeat places to visit in Meghalaya. With its stunning natural beauty, rich culture, and friendly people, Meghalaya has something to offer everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Plan your trip to Meghalaya today!
Meghalaya is a truly magical place, and December is the perfect time to visit. With its pleasant weather, stunning natural beauty, and rich culture, Meghalaya has something to offer everyone.
Whether you are interested in trekking, camping, birdwatching, exploring caves, or experiencing traditional Khasi culture, you will find something to love in Meghalaya.
So what are you waiting for? Book your Meghalaya travel package with Yashvi Tours and Travels today and experience the magic of the Abode of Clouds for yourself!